Monday, July 25, 2011

Bad Blogger

I have been a terrible blogger lately. Honestly, my life is just not exciting. This week I'll reach 26 weeks of magical pregnancy. Between that and work, I basically come home and sleep or lay around until its time to sleep. My husband even made the comment last week that he never sees me anymore. Thats because I live in my bedroom when I'm not in my office.

I did have a birthday last week. The big 27. It was a very nice day with lunch with my best friend, cake and presents at work, and then an 80 minute prenatal massage as a gift from my husband. This weekend he's taking me to see Harry Potter. He did good.

Pregnancy is going great. Baby is healthy and next week we have the wonderful glucose test and rhogam shot. I'm very ready to get it over with and hope I don't have to do the 3 hour test. It's not a hard test or even all that bad, its just gross and the not eating is inconvenient to a growing person inside who thinks mealtime is 24 hours a day.

I have gotten to be home the last 2 days with absolutely nothing to do and it was fabulous. It inspired me to actually make good, healthy meals for me and hubs. Last night we had lemon pepper cod, steamed broccoli and homemade mac and cheese. This was my first attempt at homemade mac and cheese and after following this Paula Deen recipe I am recommending it to EVERYONE!!!! It goes in the crockpot and is super yummy and cheesy creamy goodness. Seriously, I ate two platefuls of all of it. Tonight I made my first pot roast and in the crockpot, with help from my BFF Erin, and it turned out amazing as well.

Hubs is not a huge sweet fan which has been a conflict since all I crave is sweets constantly. He's not into cakes and cookies and all that yummy stuff. He's more of a cobbler/pie guy and had some super sweet stories about his grandmama making cobblers when he was little. So after some googling I found a super easy recipe for a cherry cobbler and with the exception of baking powder I had everything I needed to make this last night. I ran to the store for the powder vanilla ice cream and made my first cobbler. Hubs watched me put it together and complained it looked strange. When we pulled it out of the oven it was perfect!! Little tip: if you do cook this at the 350, it really only needs like 40-45 minutes. Even though it was still yummy, the crust was a tad on the crunchy side so a little less time would have been perfection.

I am now super pumped to have these easy recipes in my arsenal for when baby is here and the in-laws come to visit. Even though its right after we get home, I can't have them visit us and not cook for them. Its not in my Southern roots. Thats all for now!! Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment