Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 2

Day 2: A picture of you and the person you used to be close with

This post makes me a little sad. This BW. She used to be my best friend. But alas last year the AF PCS'd her and her husband to the other side of the country. This picture was taken on their last day in Utah.

BW and I used to do EVERYTHING together. We talked literally several times a day. We ate meals together, shopped together, hung out together, everything that BFF's do. Of course we said we'd keep in touch after they left Utah and we have, but not near as much. I've realized lately that her presence in my life was very special and I miss it terribly. Now's she's pregnant with her second baby and living across the country and we barely even speak.

I know the military seperates us all and we make friends and lose friends constantly. It's a sad cycle but at the same time it can be a blessing. Without the military I wouldn't have my long standing BFF Erin who has been with me through some of the worst and some of the best times of my life. Without her love and support I don't know how I could've gotten through my divorce. And now she is standing by my side on my journey to conceive.

So now that today's post has left us all a little sad, take a moment and remember someone who was brought into your life but might not be around much anymore. Maybe pick up the phone and call or email them to tell them you're thinking about them. I think I will.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all have people we wish were still in our lives.. so we all know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete