Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 6

Day 6: A person you would like to trade places with for a day.

Ok, first off, I am not a democrat. Nor did I vote for Obama and I'm not about to get into a debate on politics. I chose Michelle Obama as the person I would trade places with for a day because of one reason and one reason only, MILITARY FAMILES.

She is the one person in the world who can bring alot of attention to military families and the hardships they go through. Wives are left behind with young children, or pregnant or just left behind miles and miles away from family while their husbands go off to war. Then sometimes their tasked with the God awful job of burying their beloved one.

I don't think military wives get enough recognition or credit. I have a friend who tried for years to conceive, they finally did and her husband was sent off on his umpteenth deployment and didn't even get to see his son be born. I have friends who have been through moves and sicknesses, deaths, and many other hard life changes. Thankfully, I am still currently the only one who has ever had to bury my loved one. I pray everyday that my friends never have to experience that pain. I want to watch them grow their families and grow old and senial with me!

If you could trade places with one person for one day, who would it be and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment