Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th has proved its legend to me today!!!

I woke up all excited that its Friday and I have the weekend with my family ahead. We're blessing the baby tomorrow. Things look great! And then it hit.... literally. I stopped at the 7-11 on my way to work and I parked in a space, about to get out of the truck when the guy on my passenger side side swipes me truck! AND KEPT GOING!!!! By the time I had even processed what had happened he was down the street. I came to work completely frazzled. Luckily, I called my mom to complain and she told me to call the cops. I did and a very nice officer called me back and said he was going to the 7-11 to look at the security tapes to see if he could get a plate number. He came to my office afterwards and took pictures of my truck and we did all the paperwork. Luckily, I work for a car dealership and I pay attention to random things on vehicles like the plate frame of what dealership it came from. The guy who hit me had a plate frame from my dealership because he had purchased the vehicle from us. The cop asked my manager if there was any way of finding out who we sold the car to. He took a guess and pulled up the last customer that we had sold that type of vehicle to. The cop pulled up the license of the guy (we had a great picture of him entering the 7-11) and low and behold it was the guy!! The cop went to his house, found the damaged vehicle and got all his information to me so that I can file an insurance claim. Crisis Averted! Or so I thought.

After all the drama I went to get something to eat at Taco Bell and my card was declined. Interesting?? I had cash, paid and came back to my office to check my online account. My freaking card was compromised and there was a random charge on there that left me with $4 in the bank. I called the card company and had to cancel that card, order a new one, and now I have to wait for the charge to actually post so they can start their process of getting my money back.

I was never a superstitious person, but you better believe I will now be on the lookout for black cats, ladders, cracks in the sidewalk, etc!

No comments:

Post a Comment