Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Countdown time!!!

There are two very important countdowns going on in my life right now that I just felt the need to share. We'll start with the short one first.


11 Days 2 Hours and 23 Minutes
Until UGA kickoff against Louisiana-Lafayette in my beloved Sanford Stadium
This means the official arrival of fall in my world. I work extra hours during the summer to afford my new UGA wardrobe to last me until next fall. The hardest part is deciding which UGA shirt to wear. And I always sport my red and black every single Saturday in support of my team even from thousands of miles away. For my friends who have yet to see this side of me, yes I become one of those true Southern women who hosts huge "tailgate" parties at home and jump up and down and scream at the tv. For those who don't understand, please visit Lola's blog about the 7 Deadly Sins.


34 Days 18 Hours 46 Minutes
Until I land in great state of Georgia!!! This has three very significant meanings for me. One I do get to see my adorable parents

Two I get to drive my incredibly sexy Trans Am that is the best thing that ever came out of marriage #2. She is my sassy redhead named Hillary.


And I saved the best for last, I am going to get to see the man I have now come to believe is the love of my life. If you read my previous blog, TMI, then you will know that this is my very first love from 10 years ago. We recently rekindled our relationship and even miles apart, it's better than ever. I am coming to believe more and more everyday that all of the awful relationships I've had in the past have only taught me the lessons I needed to know to make a future with this man. And in 34 days I am going to get to put my arms around him for the first time in a VERY long time. I dream about this moment ALL the time LOL. My military wives will completely understand this feeling. Its that nervous-anxious-happy-thrilled-gonna puke-feeling when Homecoming has become a reality. Getting on that plane cannot get here fast enough for me. I am just hoping that the next 34 days go by very quickly. I might be blogging alot to get out my frustration!!! LOL





3 comments:

  1. WOOHOOO!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of talk of College football whirling around.... hmm. I may have to get involved with this.?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should Sam!!! I think Lola and I might be warring this fall though. Our teams are arch rivals in the SEC!! Lol

    ReplyDelete