Thursday, August 19, 2010

Favorite Things Thursday!

Still new to the blogging world I've noticed a trend with bloggers that they set aside one day a week to talk about the same topic. I have chosen mine after much debate and struggle and have decided on Favorite Things Thursday!! Each Thursday I will share and talk about one of my favorite things.

To kick off this awesomely amazing Thursday I'd like to talk about one of my favorite breakfast foods: eggs. If you've seen the news recently you've probably heard about the 338 Million eggs being recalled for salmonella. Yes, unfortunately, I had one of those cartons.

Tuesday morning I got up earlier than normal to make myself my favorite thing with eggs, eggs benedict. I recently read on a health website that this is actually one of the better breakfasts you can have for yourself when trying to lose weight, such as I am. Unfortunately no more drowning it in hollandaise sauce :( Nevertheless, I made my scrumptious breakfast and proceeded to get ready for my day.

After about an hour at work I was definitely not feeling so hot. This lasted well into the night and I was pretty sure I would've taken death over to continue feeling so miserable. Yesterday morning trying to recover from my post-puke hangover I logged on to check my email and read the story covering the Yahoo homepage. There it was in print, the name of the only type of eggs I buy. Took myself and my eggs down to the health dept, got tested and put on antibiotics and seriously debated eating eggs (which I love) ever again.

Tune in next week for hopefully a more positive Favorite Things Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Angie! Sorry for the delay in a response, hubs and I were out of town this weekend. I'm from Orlando, FL originally and went to school at UF. :) Hope to see you around the blog, and I'll be reading yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem!! I'm still getting used to the blogging thing but so far I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete