Thursday, September 16, 2010

Favorite Things Thursday

Ok, so my favorite thing today is a wonderful thing but brought about because of a sad situation. The favorite thing I want to blog about today is my family. I was going through some baby pictures of my little man and this was our last family photo (its still only half of them)

I have six brothers and sisters and several neices and nephews. My dad passed away almost 14 years ago. He was my world. I love my mom, but I was the epitomy of a daddy's girl. Look it up in the dictonary, you'll see my picture. The sun rose and set with that man and I miss him every single day. They say time heals all wounds, but this one hasn't happened yet. It's like that scar on the back of your elbow you never notice until you touch it accidentally. Always there, but not always noticeable.

My mom lives in GA and I'm excited to see her and my stepdad in a little over a week now. Unfortunately, I won't get to see my siblings because they all still reside in FL. But I do love them alot.

I got the idea to blog about my family because boyfriend's uncle passed away this morning. I've spent the day talking to him, his mom, his grandma and if one day I am fortunate enough to rock his last name, I will be entering into one amazing family. His grandmother made me cry this morning. I called her to comfort her on the loss of her son, and instead she tells me how excited she is to see me. I love this family as much as I do my own. Some of them possibly more. JK

Even though my family is far apart, we all know we love one another and would be there for the other one in a heartbeat. I've watched my neiecs and nephews grow into beautiful young men and women. I would lay down my life for any one of them at any given moment.

Tonight, when you go to bed, please send up a little prayer for boyfriend's sweet family. They need it now in this awful time. And hug your loved ones a little bit closer. Or call up mom/dad just to say I love you. I know I sure did. Life is too precious and you can never tell someone you love them enough.

1 comment: